The Tyngsborough Public Library is part of the Merrimack Valley Library Consortium (MVLC), which includes 36 public libraries in northeastern Massachusetts. All MVLC libraries exchange items every business day via a delivery service. Can’t find what you’re looking for? Request it from another library!
To request an item from an MVLC library:
- Connect to the Library Catalog: https://mvlc.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/tyngsborough
- Search for the item. The catalog will search Tyngsborough holdings first. If we don’t have your item, click the link at the top of the results page to search all MVLC libraries.
- When you find your item, click the Place Hold button to the right of the item record.
- Log into your account with your library card and pin number.
- Click Place Hold(s). You will be notified once your item arrives at the Tyngsborough Public Library.
Can’t find what you’re looking for?
We can also borrow items through the Commonwealth Catalog (ComCat). This catalog includes public and academic libraries throughout Massachusetts. Delivery may take longer than an MVLC ILL request, as the requested item may have farther to travel.
To request an item from ComCat:
- Connect to ComCat: https://commonwealthcatalog.org/home?cid=massvc&lid=massvc
- Search for the item.
- When you find it, click on it, and then click the Request this Item button. When the pop-up box appears, select your library from the list and login with your library card & pin. Once logged in you may click “Submit” on your request. The Tyngsborough Library will notify you once your item arrives.
Still can’t find your item?
We can also borrow items from out of state libraries. The Library places these requests on your behalf, but there may be a minimal fee to borrow the book. Just email your request to [email protected] or call the Library at 978-649-7361.
Please try to supply the title, author, publisher, date, and specific edition if necessary. The Tyngsborough Library will notify you once your item arrives.