The Friends of the Tyngsborough Public Library (FOTPL) is an independent, non-profit organization of volunteers helping to enhance the Library’s services, promote Library awareness, participate in literacy programs and fund unbudgeted items and programs. The mission is to promote interest in the Tyngsborough Public Library and provide financial support for items and programs that benefit Library patrons and the community at large.
The Friends are currently struggling to maintain enough active members for a viable organization. We are asking all of you to do more by giving your time and talent to this nonprofit organization in support of the Library. The Friends are in need of members to fill all the offices (President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer). Currently, we are not able to complete all that we would like to do without strong leadership and enough members to participate. It takes commitment but not a lot of time to be an officer, so please volunteer. We will be glad to provide the information and training needed to keep the organization running.
Contact us at [email protected] to let us know that you are willing to help. Thank you!
Who Are the Friends?
FOTPL is a group of Library users who know what a wonderful resource the Tyngsborough Public Library is. They believe the Library is important and invite you to join in providing support. It’s fun, enriching and so appreciated by the dedicated Library staff! The Friends welcome new members and volunteers. Our volunteers help with book sales, running the organization as board members, and contributing new ideas. If you would like to volunteer, please email us at [email protected].
You can also visit the Friends on Facebook.
What Do They Do?
- Fundraise through semiannual and ongoing book, CD, DVD, and jewelry sales, as well as sales of historical Tyngsborough afghans and fleece blankets.
- Used book sales are held on the third Saturday of May and October.
- Fund fabulous Library programming for all ages and support new initiatives through purchases such as a telescope, new furniture and other items designed to enhance the Library’s offerings.
- Sponsor many passes for the Museum Pass Program, offering patrons free or discounted admission to area museums, zoos, Lowell Spinners games and other venues and activities.
- Award scholarships/service awards to graduating high school seniors. Applicants should have been Friends members, have volunteered for the Friends at their activities and events, and plan to continue their education. Click here for 2023 application: Friends Scholarship Application 2023
- Advocate for the Library, share time and talents through volunteering and foster the wonderful relationship between the Community and the Library.
Interested in becoming a friend of the library?
You may join online here, or click here for a printable membership application, or stop by the Library to fill out a brochure / membership application. You may also call 978-649-7361 for a membership application to be mailed to you.
Interested in just donating?
Click the “Donate” button below:
Meetings for the Membership Year April 1, 2023 – March 31, 2024
Meetings are held on the following Mondays at 6:30 p.m. The meetings will be held at the Library. Check this site for any changes.
- April 3
- May 1
- June 5
- No meetings in July or August
- September 11
- October 2
- November 6
- December 4
- January 8
- February 5
- March 4