The Friends of the Tyngsborough Public Library (FOTPL) is an independent, non-profit organization of volunteers helping to enhance the Library's services, promote Library awareness, participate in literacy programs and fund unbudgeted items and programs.
WHO ARE THE FRIENDS?
FOTPL is a group of Library users who know what a wonderful resource the Tyngsborough Public Library is. They believe the Library is important and invite you to join in providing support. It's fun, enriching and so appreciated by the dedicated Library staff!
WHAT DO THEY DO?
- Fundraise through semiannual and ongoing book, CD & DVD sales, as well as sales of historical Tyngsborough afghans and fleece blankets. New fundraiser this spring: Minigolf in the Library - watch for details.
- Fund fabulous Library programming for all ages and support new initiatives through purchases such as Nooks, new furniture and other items designed to enhance the Library's offerings. They also maintain the Library's beautiful garden.
- Sponsor the Museum Pass Program, offering patrons free or discounted admission to area museums, zoos, Lowell Spinners games and other venues and activities.
- Award scholarships to college bound students who are Friends members and have volunteered in the Library.
- Advocate for the Library, share time and talents through volunteering and foster the wonderful relationship between the Community and the Library.
Join the Friends and support your Library.
Stop by the Library to pick up a brochure/membership application or call 978-649-7361 to request that one be mailed to you.